[pmwiki-users] SQLite pagelist recipe prerelease

Alex Eftimiades alexeftimiades at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 15:14:58 CDT 2012

Actually, I do not have a single pagetextvariable involved in the
searching. I do have an if="before $date" (with custom conditional for
"before" and a custom page variable $date). Those however are not
found within the text.

I suspect the holdup is in FmtPageName for order=group to resolve the
group based on pagename. I was looking at the FmtPageName code, and it
sometimes reads the pages, or passes them on to PageVar which
sometimes reads pages as well. This means that whether I use the
database pagelist recipe or not, I am still reading each page for
certain situations.

I will look into those other options you mentioned, and possibly a
more efficient way to generate the pagevariable data. The advantage I
thought I was achieving was mainly cutting down on the number of pages
to sift though when the pagelist first generates a list of every
single page on the wiki. I thought that using the database to create a
smaller list of matches to several criteria would give me a a great
advantage. Again, maybe this only happens at absurdly large numbers of
pages.

I have actually never heard of the databases you mentioned (htDig and
nepomuk). I will look into those if you think that would give me the
speed boost I am looking for--although you seemed to base you claim on
the (incorrect) assumption that I was doing lots of pagetextvariable
searching.

Anyway, thanks for your input, and please let me know if you come up
with anything else. Any and all comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex