[pmwiki-users] About the columns used in the sqlite recipe.

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Aug 24 21:15:29 CDT 2012

Petko Yotov writes:
> Alex Eftimiades writes:
>> *Page Ids: What exactly was the point of making separate page IDs when you
>> already have an index?
>
> The page_id field is used in the ShortUrl feature.

If a page comes from the database, this temporary attribute will be used in
the queries to retrieve and change the record. It also happens to be more
efficient: it was not my primary goal, but retrieving data from a numeric
autoincremented / indexed field is slightly faster than from an indexed
field with strings like the fullname.

Petko