[pmwiki-users] Something (possibly the sqlite recipe) seems to have trouble with UTF-8 in wikilinks

Alex Eftimiades alexeftimiades at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:38:46 CDT 2012

I thought the sqlite recipe page said to define the UTF-8 recipe  
first, I just reread that, and I am sorry for misunderstanding.  
However, when I switch the order of the include statements, a lot of  
the page actions disappear on that page.

I left it as is so you could see. I disabled the diagnostics at the  
moment just to hide the warnings. I also realized that the messages  
were warnings on wrong datatypes in the foreach() statement at the  
deserialization stage, so I would not be surprised if a lot of people  
have that warning message due to type juggling.

So after switching the include statements, my problem has become  
disappearing page actions.

Thanks for the suggestions,

On Aug 21, 2012, at 3:16 AM, Petko Yotov wrote:

> Alex Eftimiades writes:
>> The page here: <URL:http://icare.org/wiki/index.php/Researchers/SelimKu%25C3%25A7i 
>> >
> There is indeed something wrong with your installation, this is not  
> a right URL to the page: the %25 pieces should be just %, not %25.  
> Something is causing a double encoding of the % symbol.
> The correct address to the "SelimKuçi" page should be
> http://icare.org/wiki/index.php/Researchers/SelimKu%C3%A7i
> but as you noticed, it doesn't work. This link, and a pagelist works  
> perfectly with international page names on my own wiki with SQLite,  
> including a page named SelimKuçi.
> Here is what you should try:
> 1. Read the section "Order of the commands in config.php" here:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/LocalCustomizations#configphp-order
> notably, the custom page store class should be defined before UTF-8.
> Or, you may also re-read the installation instructions at Cookbook/ 
> SQLite, notably "The code above should be placed before including  
> other recipes and scripts, notably before ... UTF-8."
> You have included the UTF-8 script before defining the SQLite page  
> store, just try to move it after the sqlite/$WikiLibDirs block.
> If you have other things out ot the recommended order, move them.
> 2. If that doesn't help, see if you can disable some other recipes,  
> for example those here: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/CustomPageStore 
>  and other, one by one, to see if it doesn't start to work at some  
> point.
> The fact is, this international page name works perfectly well with  
> PmWiki,
> - with SQLite, and
> - without SQLite,
> so the problem likely comes from something completely unrelated to  
> the SQLite recipe. I wouldn't speculate that it comes from *this*  
> recipe in a mailing list subject, without at least *some* evidence.
>> You will need to login with uersname: demo password: demo to see  
>> the problem.
> Please enable remote diagnostics on that site, $EnableDiag=1; to  
> config.php.
> Petko
> _______________________________________________
> pmwiki-users mailing list
> pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
> http://www.pmichaud.com/mailman/listinfo/pmwiki-users

More information about the pmwiki-users mailing list