[pmwiki-users] possible to generate a p or div tag within li with standard markup

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Aug 11 17:46:23 CDT 2012

shout at joshleepictures.com writes:
> > A span is not more restricted than a div, neither in CSS, not in jQuery.
> If you want a span to look like a div, apply to it display:block CSS.
> This should be almost true and I am currently working on my css (some
> screwup with z-indeces) to make it work. Still the problem remains, that in
> order to validate against an XHTML DTD I can only nest <span>s and other
> inline elements inside which is as far as I know impossible with PmWiki as
> of this time.

This is correct, you cannot nest spans with the standard PmWiki, but people
have been using nested bold, italic and monospace tags inside spans, and
applied CSS accordingly. Something like this can be nested:

  %my_span% '''Title''' Some description ''Place or date''  %%

In case this could be useful.

Petko