[pmwiki-users] SVG image not being displayed in spite of enabling SVG extension

Sun Apr 22 11:27:44 CDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 2:39 AM, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Many thanks for the update. I am using Internet Explorer version 9. I'll try
> the switch and see if it improves things. <chuckle
>
> Pranav

Let me know -- I have no way at this moment of doing anything with IE
(of any vintage). Can you also try it in firefox or chrome on your
machine to see if it does narrow down to IE?

I do know that to display svg's as embedded things you need a plugin
from Adobe. I'd be surprised, though, if IE9 did not already have it.

If you just put up a test page with the embed directly in it, can you
display the svg? All you should need is something as simple as:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><body>
<embed src="http://openclipart.org/people/mrallowski/1334869889.svg">

P.S. make sure you are replying to the list, not just to me.