[pmwiki-users] It's time to change pmwiki default skin!

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sun Sep 18 19:31:01 CDT 2011

On 9/18/2011 7:17 PM, Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:
> Though I think that using the same skin for the home page and
> installations is a good thing: less to maintain; stays familiar to
> newcomers after installation. If pmwiki.org adopts a skin too complex for
> distribution, I think that the two skins should at least share layout and
> colors.
It's important to have a simple(ish) skin for newcomers to use in the
distribution. I don't think it needs to be the same as the one used on
pmwiki.org.

What we could do is include two skins with the distribution. One is the
simple version which is active by default from the standard config.php.
The other we include could be a *slightly* more sophisticated skin which
would be used on pmwiki.org.

This provides a way to improve the pmwiki.org look and show some pmwiki
capabilities, as well as providing a simple launch point from a first
install.

  ~ ~ Dave