[pmwiki-users] PmWiki.org UTF-8 migration complete

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Sep 10 15:20:16 CDT 2011

Hello.

Today the whole pmwiki.org website switched to the UTF-8 encoding which allows
any page to display characters from any alphabet and to have working cross-
group links, searches, trails and pagelists, eg. Site.AllRecentChanges.

To answer a previous question, page histories were also converted.

I believe everything went well. If you browse the wiki and spot some errors,
contact me. Everything was backed up so if something isn't fixable, it would
be reversible. :-).

From version 2.2.31, PmWiki will be able to use pagefiles with any encoding
and will convert them on the fly to the encoding of the website. For older
versions, the documentation downloads will be provided in both the UTF-8 and
the other older encodings.

Petko