[pmwiki-users] something odd with image formatting

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Sep 3 12:56:11 CDT 2011

On Saturday 03 September 2011 19:29:10, jdd-gmane wrote :
> Specifically, I can't both center and change the width of an image
>
> %width=300px center%Attach:20101010Scan-101010-0025-26522.jpg

In your example, both "width" and "center" are applied to the paragraph or to
the division block. That means your picture would be centered inside the div
block if it was narrower than 300 px. As it is wider, the whole div becomes
larger to contain it, and we cannot see that it is centered as the picture
fills all the block. (The content inside the block is centered: at the same
distance from the left and right borders of the block; the outer rectangle of
the block itself is left-aligned and does not stretch up to the right border o
the page.)

Try
  %center% %width=300px% Attach:22.jpg %%   -OR-
  %p center% %width=300px% Attach:22.jpg %%

This way the "center" part is applied to the paragraph or division block, and
the "width" is applied to the picture.

Petko