[pmwiki-users] Proposition for a new PmWiki Skin

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Oct 11 16:02:40 CDT 2011

On 11/10/11 9:12 PM, Eric Forgeot wrote:
> On 09/10/2011 05:12, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
>> Still, the menu text is too pale.
> I've updated the theme, now the text menu is slightly less pale:
> http://anamnese.online.fr/pmwiki-efo/index.php/PmWiki/PmWiki
>
>> there is no max-width on content, and text is not resizable (full
>> page zoom kind of works, but text zoom doesn't
> I've changed the max-width to 1000 px (it resizes with manual text
> resize). 800 px is maybe too narrow.

See for example http://www.maxdesign.com.au/articles/em/ which
recommends a max-width of 33em.

Is there a reason *not* to follow generally-accepted practice of an
average 12 words per line?

Would it be possible to see an option that keeps a serif font for
headings, but uses a sans font for body text? Is it sound practice to
specify as the default a proprietary font not available on all platforms?

Last (for now), consider placing the side bar and body centred on the
page, so on big screens you don't get a white space on the right. Note
how the maxdesign.com.au page changes when you re-size the window.

JR

--
John Rankin