[pmwiki-users] Including a line break in a page text variable definition

Fri Oct 7 05:29:23 CDT 2011

I have a page text variable I am using in my pages to show the
breadcrumb/trail info for each page. I have put this on one line up to
now, but I'd like to put it on two lines for this particular wiki
page.

When I define the variable, thus:

    (:Trail:Page1 | Page2 | Page3 | <<|Page4|>>:)

It works as expected. However, now I want to put the first 3
breadcrumbs on one line, and the wikitrail markup on the next line.
I'm not sure how to do this. If I break the line with \\ and put the
wikitrail on the next line, the Trail variable ends at the end of the
line. I tried inserting (:nl:) but that just breaks the variable when
it encounters the :) in that markup.

Any clues?