[pmwiki-users] Problem displaying MySQL queries

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Nov 18 10:32:28 CST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Nicolas Poulain <nico.poulain at gmail.com> wrote:
> So my question : is there a limit size for the strings returned by
> markup functions that could make pmwiki display everything but the
> wikitext content ?

There are more ways to trace it out...  I've documented a piece of
very verbose debugging here:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DebuggingForCookbookAuthors#ruledebug

I have found it very helpful when trying to figure out which rule is
causing a problem.  Basically it outputs to a logfile the current
state of the text after each and every rule fires.  So you can imagine
the size of this file grows *very* quickly.  You will need to make
sure it doesn't stay active for very long both because of performance
reasons as well as for the size of this logfile.  Also it requires a
modification of pmwiki.php which is strongly discouraged -- obviously
you would want to copy your original pmwiki.php, make the mods, and
then put the original back in after the debugging session is complete.

But given these caveats it is almost a sure-fire way of figuring out
which rule is causing your problem.

-Peter