[pmwiki-users] vertical alignment in table not working

Maarten Braakhekke mbraak at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Tue May 24 16:15:40 CDT 2011

Dear all,

I'm trying to design a staff page for our group website. The idea is to
have two columns with each 5 sub-columns. The  first subcolumn contain
the person's picture, and next the name, etc.
I've included an example below. This works fine in the pmwiki sandbox
but on our group web site the text, to the right of the pictures is
aligned to the top of the cell, despite the valign=middle setting. At
first I thought it had something to do with the image, but the problem
persists if the image is removed.

Does anyone have an idea why this works in the pmwiki sandbox but not on
our group website? Could this be a version thing (I think we're not
running the latest version), or does it have something to do with the
global settings of the site?

Thanks in advance,

Maarten

(:table width=90% colspan=10 rowspan=1 :)
(:cellnr valign='middle' width=10% :)
%width=70px% http://pmichaud.com/img/misc/pc.jpg
(:cell valign='middle' width=15% :)
[-Firstname Surname-]