[pmwiki-users] Petko's E2100/US$2, 963 bid for WYSIWYG capability

Radu Luchian radu at monicsoft.net
Sat May 14 21:03:08 CDT 2011

Far from me to tell you (or anyone else) what to do with your (their) money,
PM :) I know you're modest, and this is between you and Petko. The condition
I stated was for what _I_ am willing to contribute, and it stands.

Incidentally, is anyone keeping track of these pledges? Do we have any
recipe for markup like
(:bar target="2963" now="1200":) which would render (with an HTML table or
CSS, *not* php-generated graphics)
___________________
600

It's a jungle in thar Cookbook ;) For something like this I usually code it
myself rather than search in there. *shiver*

According to other people on this thread, PITS.00421 was closed prematurely,
but PM did it, so who am I to change that page? ;)

My opinion on the WYSIWYG editors on wikis is poor, especially on a modular
system like pmwiki. There's no way I can imagine to have such design open
enough for cookbook recipes to easily tie into, *and* include all the fancy
things people may want in their wikis. Or more specifically NOT want. I
don't like bloated tools and UIs and I usually strip down (or build up) the
Edit toolbar to only the buttons that a project really needs, sometimes
group-based or even page-based. But if Petko thinks he can do it, hats off
to him :) I could definitely use it, as I often encounter people who can't
see through markup and email me stuff that can be done with
copy/paste/modify existing lines in a page.

*Surfing off to find a paypal inlet for Hans*