[pmwiki-users] Pre-alpha rich text WYSIWTF editor

Ashish Myles marcianx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:42:53 CDT 2011

I am personally not a fan of having an HTML mode separate from pmwiki.

My ideal WYSIWYG would be plugin-oriented. I am not quite sure how it
would work per se, but it would be nice to have a pmwiki-like plugin
infrastructure that could allow one to
* expose the html output and,
* (trickier) specify what is editable and how it should be edited.
I don't know whether this would add any complexity when it comes to
navigating between elements.
Admittedly, it's a very fuzzy idea. Has anyone played with such a
plugin-based text editor or GUI editor or IDE and could provide any
insights? Of course, for maximum flexibility, there should be an
ability to use pmwiki markup inline as well.

Also, I don't think WYSIWYG is necessarily as important as just having
WYSIWYM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WYSIWYM).

Ashish