[pmwiki-users] The Challenge: Is there a simple, dependable PHP login script?

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Mar 17 12:52:25 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Al Louis Ripskis <ripskis at sprynet.com> wrote:
> Not being a programmer, and having extremely limited PHP skills, I need a simple login at
> the bottom of my newly constructed PmWiki home page saying:
> “If you would like read and upload access to the rest of the wiki, please login here.”

2 clarifications:

(1) I believe Al is talking about a signup mechanism rather than just
a login.  In other words, some people coming in will have a login, but
others will be coming brand new to the wiki and he wants them to have
capability to sign up automatically with some kind of email
confirmation and perhaps captcha or other spam-avoidance techniques.
Al, correct me if I'm wrong here on what you're looking for.

(2) I mentioned to Al the possibility of UserAdmin and that it was
experimental at this point.  Just so nobody sees Eemeli's name as
maintainer and wonders why it's not done...I made some suggestions and
offered to help way back during the summer and then totally dropped
the ball.  If I had kept my mouth shut (grin) you all would have a
very nice user administration recipe now...  Sorry, Eemeli!

-Peter