[pmwiki-users] Interesting behaviour with (:linebreaks:)

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Jul 7 16:44:30 CDT 2011

On Thursday 07 July 2011 14:56:02, Tamara Temple wrote :
> For sure, I wouldn't expect this for included files that I am
> creating and using for my own wiki contents, but as the
> EditQuickReference is part of the interface (although also part of the
> wiki), I wouldn't have expected to need to do this.

I agree.

If the newly added (:linebreaks:) to the EditQuickReference page shows some
unwanted side effects, we could add backslashes "\" at the end of every line,
then the "cheat sheet" will work in both cases of linebreaks, on and off.

> As the previewed
> material comes after the EditQuickReference, I'm not sure why it is
> having this effect. (:linebreaks:) doesn't normally affect the
> material before it in a page.

The posted text is evaluated and converted to "Preview" before rendering the
whole page with the edit form. In the process, the (no)linebreaks directive
sets a global variable. At the time when the edit form is rendered, this
global variable has already been changed.

Petko