[pmwiki-users] Generating HTML escape sequences with GuiButtons?

Karl Schilke schilkek at onid.orst.edu
Sun Feb 20 10:07:14 CST 2011

Hi,

I apologize if this is a FAQ but I wasn't able to find the answer on
PmWiki.org.

I have a custom GUI button to generate the HTML code for the Greek
letter mu (for ease of writing in engineering units).

For years, the following code snippet from local/config.php would
generate the text 'µ' in the editor:

     $GUIButtons['micro'] = array($ArrNo++, '%26micro;', '', '',
                                 '$Buttons/button_mu.gif"Micro"');

I haven't had occasion to use it recently, but just discovered that it
has stopped working, and now produces the literal text '%26micro;' in
the editor.

How does one properly generate HTML escapes like 'µ' with a GUI
button in pmwiki-2.2.15?

Thanks!!!

     -Karl Schilke, Oregon State University

--
Karl F. Schilke, Ph.D.
Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering
schilkek at onid.orst.edu