[pmwiki-users] Run pmwiki from root folder or from /pmwiki?

Eric Forgeot eforgeot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 14:14:42 CST 2011

On 29/12/2011 16:58, Wade Lee Hudson wrote:
> Ok. I deleted index.htm, removed "(in case javascript is disabled on
> the user's browser)" from the code you recommended, and amended my
> index.php to read:
>
>     <?php include_once('pmwiki.php');
>     <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>

>     <SCRIPT language='JavaScript'>
>     function redir(){
>     window.location.href = "pmwiki"} </script>

hmm, no, in fact if you have this structure:

/
/index.php
/pmwiki
/pmwiki/index.php
/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

you can use my redirection code only in the first index.php at the root:
then when someone browse at your root, the browser will be redirected to
/pmwiki/

you shouldn't call pmwiki.php ("include_once('pmwiki.php');") from the
index.php in the root because this file doesn't exist in the root. Use
the "<?php include_once('pmwiki.php');" in the /pmwiki/index.php only
(without the redirection code)

You should also keep the <a href="pmwiki" target="_top">index</a> part.