[pmwiki-users] n=Profiles.smap

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Dec 24 04:05:18 CST 2011

On Thursday 22 December 2011 18:15:59, christopherpriest wrote :
> Anyway, I'm going to upgrade my pmwiki and want to know if the
> n=Profiles.spam as shown below in the server log mean I have to do some
> editing on the pmwiki database.
>
> By that I mean does the Profiles entries mean they have added
> user/passwords to the file.
>
> I'm afraid that just upgrading will still leave me vulnerable.

No, this looks like regular wiki spambots. I suggest that you add an edit
password to your wiki, see the page
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin .

Then you should log into your server via FTP or SSH and delete the spam files
from the directory pmwiki/wiki.d.

Look at your page Site/AllRecentChanges to see if there are other spammed
pages -- you could delete them or if they had some content, revert them via
the page history.

Lastly, the page SiteAdmin.AuthList contains a list of all protected pages; if
your wiki is protected, you should also see any unprotected pages.

Petko