[pmwiki-users] Help with Authuser and Group administration

Stuart Pollack wikinovice at giftofcorn.com
Sun Dec 18 11:28:33 CST 2011

Greetings, all.

I'm just getting started with PmWiki, and I have some very basic questions.

I installed PmWiki using the instructions on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Installation

(I downloaded 'pm-wiki-latest.tgz on December 9, 2011)

Everything went well, as far as I can tell.

I set up site 'admin' and edit passwords in my local/config.php file

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('myadmingibberish');
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('myeditgibberish');

I turned on AuthUser by adding

# authuser with $farmD
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

right below the lines that say

## Highly recommended for new wikis.
include_once("scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php");

Then I set up a group by adding the parameter just below the Authuser lines

$GroupPattern = '(?-i:Site|SiteAdmin|PmWiki|Main|Garden)';

--------------------

I added a 'homepage' for the Garden Group

http://www.mysite.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Garden.Garden

Garden /
Garden

This is my garden page
----------------

Now for the questions or problems.

I don't understand what to add to the 'Site.AuthUser Attributes' page,
or the 'SiteAdmin.AuthList' page.

I'm assuming that I want to be able to set up a new administrative user
here.  I'd also like to be able to set up rights for the Garden group,
and add users to that group.

Initially, I'd like only administrative users to be able to add or edit
pages in the Main group, and members of the Garden group to be able to
add or edit pages start with /Garden.

As far as I can tell, the setup that I've done to this point only allows
me, admin, to add or edit any pages.  So if I could get help first on
how to add users to the Garden group, and then on how to give them
privileges to create and edit pages in their group.   Hopefully, then I
could add additional users to an Administrative group.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Stuart

----------------

I've pasted the url's (changed to 'mysite') and the text from the three
of the Administrative pages below.  Please let me know if this is too
much information to post to the list.

-----------------------

http://www.mysite.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Site/AuthUser&action=attr

Site /
AuthUser
Site.AuthUser Attributes

Enter new attributes for this page below. Leaving a field blank will
leave the attribute unchanged. To clear an attribute, enter 'clear'.
Set new read password:         ****
Set new edit password:         ****
Set new attribute password:

--------------------

My empty AuthUser Page

http://www.mysite/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Site.AuthUser?action=edit

Site /
AuthUser
Editing Site.AuthUser

--------------------------

http://www.mysite.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=SiteAdmin.AuthList

SiteAdmin /
AuthList

This page displays the permissions settings for pages that have
permissions set. Fields that say "(protected)" mean that you may need to
log in (e.g., with an administrative password) in order to view them.

Site:

Site.GroupAttributes (view) (attr) :
read
edit    @lock
attr    @lock
upload

Site.AuthUser (view) (attr) :
read    ****
edit    ****
attr    ****
upload

Site.SideBar (view) (attr) :
read
edit    @_site_edit
attr    (set by group) @lock
upload

SiteAdmin:

SiteAdmin.GroupAttributes (view) (attr) :
read    @lock
edit    @lock
attr    @lock
upload