[pmwiki-users] How to list categories used on any given page

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Fri Dec 9 11:19:46 CST 2011

Thank you Peter and Petko for your prompt replies!

Yes, it seems that enabling a variable in config.php

    $FmtPV['$Links'] = '@$page["targets"]';

and then just updating a line to

    * [[{=$FullName}|{=$Title}]] - tags: (:pagelist group=Category
name={{=$FullName}$Links} fmt=#csv:)

does the trick!
:-)
As I was saying to Peter off-list, I think the result of such a
pagelist might be very useful to any website reader, because it
immediately "broadens" his/her interest and helps finding closely
related concepts and ideas. All at a simple glance.
Let's say that you go to page Category.DNA, you may see something like:

James Watson and Francis Crick - tags: Discovery, Biology, DNA,
Polymer, Nucleotides
Thymine - tags: DNA, Nucleic acids, Adenine, Guanine, Cytosine
Genetics - tags: Life, Science, DNA, Mutations

Nice!
Thanks again

Luigi