[pmwiki-users] New skin: Boira

Carles Escrig Royo esroyo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:28:39 CST 2011

On 12/2/11, Eric Forgeot <eforgeot at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't studied the css code in detail, but it looks good. It would be
> a good candidate for a new official version of pmwiki's default skin.

That would require a bit more work on cross-browser compatibility, but
yes, I agree we should make an effort to improve the default skin.
Just CSS can make it so much prettier :)

> noticed though you've used pictures for the curves in the layout. I
> think it should be left to CSS3 instead, it's simpler and doesn't
> require additional files. For obsolete browsers, it will just look
> square instead, which isn't that bad.

They are CSS3. The images used in the skin are icons for the
wikiaction and wikimessage areas, and backgrounds for header, footer,
and textareas.

If you have the time to do a more in deep testing, I'll be very happy
to listen to any suggestion :) The sidebar menu alignment needs more
care, it was done in a rush.

We could make a contest for the new pmwiki's default skin, don't you think?

Thanks, br,

carles