[pmwiki-users] pmwiki.org server migration

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sat Nov 20 03:23:53 CST 2010

"Patrick R. wrote:

[...]

>I'm also considering migrating PmWiki's subversion repository
>to GitHub -- any comments?  (If you don't understand what

Aren't the git people condemning Windows users? I remember
MSysGitHerald9 and other opportunities.

I (have to *)) use Windows as development platform, and I'm using SVN
(well, TortoiseSVN). If I had to switch to a distributed version
control system, I likely would prefer Mercurial over git.

Mercurial supports Windows much better, and TortoiseHg seems to be a
good client with UI integration.

I don't think that I would (try to) install git, so I would lose
simple access to the PmWiki repository.

Oliver

*) Doing electronic hardware design, many tools I depend on are
available only for Windows, or the Windows version has much better
quality than the unixoid alternative.