[pmwiki-users] A robust user registration module

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat May 29 06:27:06 CDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Wordit Ltd <wordituk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Eemeli Aro <eemeli at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm working on the next version of that just now, a rather heavy-duty refactoring of the code to make it more generic, separating the back-end storage solution from the rest of the code.
>
> Sounds like a good plan. I think this particular recipe needs a sort
> of open API functionality, so that other recipes can call upon it
> rather than authors having to create new versions of the sign-up
> recipe to suit each type of usage.
>
>... once backend storage is
> separate, it is easy for another recipe to specify a temp storage
> page, and copy data over after verification.

Ideally it may be nice to have temp storage (for registered but
unconfirmed users) as a separate plug-in from the back-end storage.
For instance, if someone wants Profile.X as their back-end storage
they may not want lots of unused Profile.X pages for people that don't
every get far enough to verify/confirm their registration...  That
would also simplify (albeit slightly) the job of writing the back-end
storage plug-in.

-Peter