[pmwiki-users] Dynamically modifying page

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue May 25 17:12:22 CDT 2010

Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 10:43:50 PM, V.Krishn wrote:

> This does seem to solve the problem I have.
> I am little scared of inserting a custom algo at the beginning of page process
> sequence, still not fully aware of its impact with other recipes.

So you should be!
You may want the filter function not to run at  the
beginning of the rendering process, but after some markup rules have
already been evaluated, like variables for instance, or conditions,
etc. Setting the 'time' of the markup rule can be crucial.

It does so much depend on what kind of filter
process you wish to run. Will you allow parameter input via the
filter markup?

> Does PmWiki still processes the text within (:if:) conditions,
> when the conditions fail?

Did it do so at some point?
Some things get evaluated before conditional markup, like variables,
PTVs, translations, escaped text.

  ~Hans