[pmwiki-users] A robust user registration module

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu May 20 10:08:22 CDT 2010

thanks Peter,

perhaps you are right, and AuthUserSignup is the only recipe allowing
confirmation via email. I may have to try it, but I am not too keen
to delve into wikish and having to learn shell scripting commands.

PS: I just tried a new installation of it, as given on the recipe page.
Created those Login pages, installed the scripts etc as described.
then hitting white screens of death, or infinite page load times.
I had to comment out all wikish lines in config and reboot the server.
I am giving up on this for the moment, sorry, does not seem to be
robust enough.

I could try and write an extension for Fox, to process the
registration form and the confirmation form.
But so far I never allowed Fox to write admin pages, to stay out of
potential security problems.
Although Fox can do mailing notifications already, I have not allowed
Fox to mail to anywhere, the email targets need to be set on a
template, or in config.

Is it a safe enough method to sent out a registration code to a new
user, with a link and url parameters for automatic confirmation?

  ~Hans