[pmwiki-users] Link "last news" automatically

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Thu May 13 07:11:07 CDT 2010

2010/5/13 Francesco Sblendorio <sblendorio at gmail.com>:
> No, that way it'll be displayed the page "News.News",

Yes, indeed ;)

>while I need the first
> actual news, but with the possibility to have a permanent link that displays
> the latest news

What you have now when clicking News title in side bar is the first
current news with a new link every time the last news changes ;
and you want the same thing with a unique and permanent link ?

One solution that may work, I hope :
create a page called for example News.Last
with that code : (:pagelist trail=News.News fmt=#include count=1:)
That page should include the last news written in your trail and be
always accessible with the same url (play with order param if needed).
(you may write more code bellow to show more links in that News.Last
page (for example, include News.News))

Then, link your sidebar News title to News.Last in your template
(where I suggested to link to News.News)
This way : when clicking sidebar News title, one may go to News.Last
and print the last news's content using include.

Hope this helps,
Gilles.