[pmwiki-users] Improved gmane searchbox

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri May 7 04:36:49 CDT 2010

On Tuesday 04 May 2010 19:30:55, V.Krishn wrote :
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/GmaneSearch
> If its useful I could move it to PmWiki/MailingLists?

Personnally, I somewhat prefer the current simple single line searchbox. I
feel that people first use the simple search, and then, only if there are far
too many replies, they start to filter/sort/reorder the results. Moreover,
searching for posts by author probably implies that the person knows the
author, i.e. is from the community, but in that case the person already knows
how to find the information.

Thanks, :-)
Petko