[pmwiki-users] notification problem

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Mar 25 02:26:42 CDT 2010

I have started receiving notification messages like this every few hours:

===(snip)===
Recent PmWikiTEST posts:
 http://pmwiki.qdk.org/pmwiki.php?n=Site.AllRecentChanges

 * Site.ShoutBox . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:06 PM by WikiSh
 * PmWiki.I18nVariables . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:06 PM by OliverBetz
 * Site.ShoutBox . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:06 PM by WikiSh
 * Site.ShoutBox . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:45 PM by WikiSh
 * PmWiki.PmWiki . . . March 24, 2010, at 01:46 PM by Pm
===(snip)===

I'm not bothered by the Site.ShoutBox -- somebody is spamming me, but
my shoutbox only shows the last 2 hours of "conversation" by default
so it just goes away by itself.  The thing I don't understand is the
change to (in this case) the pages in the PmWiki group.  I have gone
and looked at Site.AllRecentChanges and these pages are not listed.  I
have looked at the pages themselves and the last change was made years
ago (i.e., no change on my site since installation).  I looked via FTP
and the files have not been copied to wiki.d from wikilib.d and the
dates of the files themselves are not anywhere close to 3/24/2010.

I haven't been doing any development or changes at all to this site
for a couple weeks, so no recent changes to config.php.  The only
thing that has changed is that this spammer started messing around and
I've put a group password on a couple groups (including PmWIki).

What could be causing these notifications of changes to pages that
aren't being changed?

-Peter