[pmwiki-users] pagelist to static

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon Mar 8 07:07:26 CST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Martin Kerz <mkerz at me.com> wrote:
> is there a possibility to forward the output of a dynamic pagelist to a new wikipage and though make some kind of static backups of the pagelist from time to time?

WikiSh contains this type of capability.  You can see an example here:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiShExamples#StaticPageListB

However, it can be much simpler than that if you have the controlpanel
and Hans's cookbook/powertools installed.  Simply type this as a
command:

pagelist --wrap:inline group=X >Saved.PageX

This will run a pagelist using any arguments you normally use (I've
just used group=X here) and it will save it to the page Saved.PageX.
You can save it to any page as long as you've given yourself edit and
overwrite privilege to that page.

-Peter