[pmwiki-users] Is there a language-safe way to get and pass parameters in the URL?

Randy Brown alongkiss at aprivatespot.com
Sun Jun 27 14:21:02 CDT 2010

I think I've figured out what was going on. (Thanks, Peter, for the lead...)

It appears the httpvariables recipe uses the default charset provided by the the PHP htmlentities function, while I was using utf-8. My solution was to patch the httpvariables script to make the charset explicit, by changing a line to:

if($val) return htmlentities(stripmagic($val),ENT_COMPAT,'utf-8');

I've left a comment on the httpvariables page to this effect in case others encounter the same problem.

Randy