[pmwiki-users] BlogIt tags/categories

Amos Satterlee satterle at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 08:20:28 CDT 2010

I'm new to PmWiki. I installed it locally on my Windows 7 box very
easily, and installed the BlogIt recipe, also very easily. Now I'm
testing and learning.

I want to have both blogging capabilities and traditional wiki
capabilities in one site. By that I mean I want to be able to create
blog entries through the BlogIt form interface and to write longer
articles as new pages in the traditional way.

I have noticed that when BlogIt is enabled, it seems to override the
PmWiki category engine. I am finding that if I put a category link on
a traditional page [[!category]], the category is not picked up by
either the PmWiki category engine or the BlogIt tag engine.

Am I missing something in my set up, or is this an issue?

Amos Satterlee