[pmwiki-users] help on forms options

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Jun 11 09:11:05 CDT 2010

I was looking for how to set the focus on a given field and couldn't
find it in the documentation.  Eventually I found it in an old
pmwiki-users conversation and so I thought I would update the
documentation.  Then I started wondering how many other undocumented
options exist (for people who are working in a wiki but don't know
HTML).  So I went through the code and came up with what I *believe*
is a fairly complete list which I have placed at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Forms#field_attributes.

Unfortunately I don't know what all these attributes do.  I've looked
up several of them and taken a shot at documenting them, but it's
definitely a case of the blind leading the blind since I'm documenting
something I have only read about.

Is there someone out there who does a lot with pmwiki forms or HTML
forms that could take a look at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Forms#field_attributes and get rid
of my mis-statements and fix my mistakes?  Perhaps some of these
attributes are used so seldomly they simply don't belong on the
PmWiki/Forms page at all...?

-Peter