[pmwiki-users] Announcing UserAdmin: easy user self-registration & amp; maintenance ... once it's properly tested

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 06:42:24 CDT 2010

On 8 June 2010 03:07, Dave Cooke <david at ellendee.co.uk> wrote:
> When attempting to log in after creating a profile I am getting the following
> error
> Warning: Missing argument 5 for AuthUserProfiles(), called
> in /var/www/domains/classic-sf.com/docs/test/scripts/authuser.php on line 71
> and defined in /var/www/domains/classic-sf.com/docs/test/cookbook/useradmin-
> profiles.php on line 33

Thanks, that was a bug. I'd modified my authuser.php slightly to test
user groups defined in profile pages, and hadn't realised  that since
I was passing the fifth argument as a reference, it would be required.
Fixed now in updated UserAdmin-Profiles 2010-06-08.

> BTW have you had any thought on the possible contents of a Profiles Template
> page?

Yes. I use a custom solution built on EditAttributes to present the
profile edit page with a large number of fields for various bits of
personal information. All that ends up as PTVs, and the profile group
GroupHeader & GroupFooter generate the apparent page contents. It's a
bit too custom at the moment for me to release as a generic recipe,
but I'll be integrating it with UserAdmin eventually, once I'm ready
to move my own sites' user account data to profile pages.

So yes, I do have thoughts & ideas, but I don't know when I'll get
them into a presentable shape.

eemeli