[pmwiki-users] Including PTVs from other pages, for use in pagelists

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 14:49:46 CDT 2010

On 3 June 2010 21:07, Chris Cox <ccox at endlessnow.com> wrote:
> Ok... I have a page with PTVs on it.  I would like to include PTVs from
> a different page (e.g. using include for example).
>
> What I'd like is to be able to have a pagelist query have access to all
> PTVs, for the page and the pages it includes.
>
> Possible?

Probably not with just (:include:). (:include:) doesn't track what
pages are included, and in any case PTVs aren't read from the page
together with the other markup, but as a completely separate process
working from the raw markup where (:pagelist:) and (:include:) aren't
processed.

It might help if you explained what you want in more detail.

For a random possibility, if you could instead use a pagelist to
generate the list of pages to include (eg. by tagging each of those
with a PTV), and then put the (:include:) inside a pagelist template,
you could use a different template with the same list in order to do
stuff with the PTVs on those pages.

eemeli