[pmwiki-users] What is and how to config $EnableRelativePageVars ?

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 17:37:42 CST 2010

Hello !

I just upgraded to last 2.10 and have had a slight trouble while
including, in Group1/PageA some Group2/PageB where {$PageUrl} was
written. This way, {$PageUrl} was expected to get the value of
Group2/PageB ; but, now, it gets the value of the original page it
comes from (Group1/PageA) : (value not « updated »).
Solution was to write explicitly in config : $EnableRelativePageVars =
0; (because it has changed to 1 by default).

New config file says :
##  In the 2.2.0-beta series, {$var} page variables are absolute by
##  default, but a future version will make them relative.  This setting
##  sets them out as relative to begin with.  (If you're starting a new
##  site, it's probably best to leave this setting alone.)
$EnableRelativePageVars = 1;

My question is : can someone explain what is $EnableRelativePageVars
(or document it) and how to work with ?
for exemple, when using $EnableRelativePageVars = 1; how to succeed in
including in PageA a PageB that use {$PageUrl} so that included
{$PageUrl} shows PageB value.
I guess I'm not the only one user to include in pageA a pageB where
there is a {$PageUrl} and I don't see why this behaviour has been
modified though I'm sure there is some good motivation.

I created (to be more explicit, I guess)
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PageUrlVar = {$PageUrl} -> PageUrlVar
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PageUrlVarInclude = (:include
PageUrlVar:) -> PageUrlVar (where I expected PageUrlVarInclude)

(Feel free to delete test pages if not pertinent).

Thank you,
Gilles.