[pmwiki-users] Question and probably request : limit page history by number better than by age

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Jan 16 17:34:52 CST 2010

On Saturday 16 January 2010 07:16:45, Simon wrote :
> > On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:00:04 +1300, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > By keeping diffs by number rather than age, it is easy for the record of
> > > a change to be deliberately lost by simply saving a page the requisite
> > > number of times.
> >
> > Agreed. Conversely, keeping by date means infrequently changed pages
> > loose their history as well.
> >
> Well by implication then what we need is a combination of both,
> ie keep changes for at least n days, and keep at least m changes.

Added. From 2.2.9 we'll have the $DiffKeepNum variable which defaults to 20
revisions kept, even if some of them are older than the age limit.

Note that this is not exactly what Gilles requested (keep max 25 revisions,
even if some are younger than the age limit), but it can emulate this by
setting $DiffKeepNum to 25 and a small number like 2 for $DiffKeepDays.

Thanks,
Petko