[pmwiki-users] Sending email + watchlist + notify

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Jan 7 18:04:34 CST 2010

On Thursday 07 January 2010 21:47:41, Bernard Bel wrote :
>  and I set delay values to reasonable values :
>
> $NotifySquelch = 10800; # 3 hours
> $NotifyDelay = 300; # 5 minutes

Some ideas for debugging :
* Check your e-mail address for typos.
* Try with another notify=address at otherdomain.fr .
* Check the $NotifyFrom address - on some hosting providers you need to have
an address that exists and matches the current domain name.
* Try with shorter squelch/delay just for testing purposes -- also, the wiki
needs to be accessed by a visitor after the squelch for the mails to be sent.
* Check your spam folders, in case notify messages land there.

> >From both replies I understand that it should work without doing anything
> > special to activate mail(). It remains a mystery for me that the mail()
> > function is called nowhere in the code !

When you have in config.php $EnableNotify=1; PmWiki will include the file
scripts/notify.php which actually does the job -- mail() is called there...

Petko