[pmwiki-users] Sending email + watchlist + notify

Bernard Bel bernarbel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:48:38 CST 2010

I am looking for a PmWiki recipe that would allow registered users to create a watchlist for pages, i.e. receive a mail every time a page is modified.

First of all, in my installation, the email addresses of registered users are not stored - which is also a problem because of no "retrieve lost password" procedure.

I thought that this was the case because some "sendmail" feature is not activated. Therefore I installed and carefully set up the "Notify" recipe, storing my email address on page "SiteAdmin.NotifyList": notify=bernarbel at gmail.com

Well... Nothing happens! Surprizing because the same web server does send notifications for its PhpWiki website. This means that the mail() function is working properly.

I was further puzzled not to find any call of the mail() function in PmWiki code... Certainly I am missing something here!

--
Bernard Bel
Laboratoire Parole et Langage

Centre de Ressources pour la Description de l'Oral (CRDO)
http://crdo.fr
Bol Processor project
http://bolprocessor.sourceforge.net/