[pmwiki-users] new recipe: datepicker

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Feb 7 10:57:00 CST 2010

thanks Knut!

Some feedback:

I got it running after playing with the $HTMLHeaderFmt settings a bit.
I prefer the javascript, css, and button image all in one directory,
i.e. pub/datepicker/
so I changed the $HTMLHeaderFmt accordingly.

To load the css and script only when the datepicker markup directive
is in the page I put the  $HTMLHeaderFmt['datepicker']
into the datapicker function. But I think this only works if the
(:datepicker ....:) markup is in the main page content, not in a
sidebar subpage.

I noticed one error in the available date formats the script provides:
'd-m-Y' is not availale, but 'Y-m-d' is.
I often use 'Y-m-d', so I was glad that this works out of the box.

And one minor thing:
if one downloads the datapicker gif icon, it is named
datepickerselect.gif, and not selectdatebutton.gif as set in
datepicker.php with $DatepickerImg

Anyway, works great!

thanks,
  ~Hans