[pmwiki-users] Version of PM

Russ pmwiki at russhosting.com
Mon Feb 1 09:41:57 CST 2010

Simply place {$Version} on a page and it will display the current version.

Upgrading would be a personal preference ... I have many sites running
older versions (some older than 4 years), unless you're application is
running into a bug that has been fixed, there is an important security
patch, or there is a new  feature that you require, there is no reason
to upgrade.  That said, as long as you don't modify anything in the
/scripts and /wikilib.d directories (or the pmwiki.php file), upgrades
should be very quick and simple.  You can always read the Release Notes
(http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes) and Change Log
(http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog) to see what's new, and whether
you want/need to upgrade.

Regards,