[pmwiki-users] a simple form

James M jamesm1415 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 16:03:16 CST 2010

Hi - thanks for the suggestion Peter.  I've been trying to follow the
(simple) instructions on the webpage, but with no success.

I have a simple pmwiki installation on my localhost (linux + apache +
firefox) - no passwords etc.  I installed fox - hopefully correctly!
and I've put the following code on Main.Form

>>shoutbox<<
%sidehead%shoutbox
(:fox shoutbox #top target=ShoutBox:)
(:input hidden author value='{$Author}':)
(:input textarea class=shoutbox shout cols=20 rows=2:)
(:input submit post Enter:)
(:foxtemplate "'''{$$author}''' [-{$$(date:M j, 'y  g a)}-]\n{$$shout}[[<<]]":)
(:foxend shoutbox:)
(:foxmessage:)
(:include ShoutBox lines=30:)
%right%[[ShoutBox|more >>]]
>><<

Note I've added the foxmessage line, which I found after some reading
around, and when I try entering some text in the box and click on
ENter, I get the error message
PERMISSION DENIED to add on Main.ShoutBox

Any suggestions why it's not working?

Thanks
James