[pmwiki-users] Question about mailto links with extras

Ben Pitzer bpitzer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 06:08:33 CST 2010

Petko,

This is very helpful, and now the line formatting is correct.
 Unfortunately, I'm still having some slight trouble with this.  It seems to
be ignoring the pipe before the link text, and treating that as part of the
email body, while showing the link on the page as the entire contents of the
mailto link, instead of just the desired link text.  I had open and closed
parentheses in the body which were not showing up, but I have replaced these
with square brackets, and that appears to have helped.  I'm not sure about
how to force it to see the pipe as the delineator for the link text,
however.  Any thoughts?  Here's an example of how my link is now formatted:

[[mailto:user at domain.com?subject=Handover Template&body=Line1: %0ALine2:
%0ALine3 [some text]: %0A | Handover Template]]

Thanks for the help so far.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer