[pmwiki-users] Problems with login.Troubleshooting?

Audun Myhra Bergwitz bergwitz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 06:22:00 CDT 2010

Our wiki has a simple login requiring a password to be able to edit. The
problem is that sometimes can't login. When they type the password
nothing happens (when you've logged in the edit menu should be visible).
It usually works with Firefox, though it might take a few tries. In IE
and Chrome it usually doesn't work.

I don't know how to troubleshoot this. The server is quite old, and runs
out of RAM sometimes. It also runs a quite old version of Apache and
PHP, so I suspect that might be part of the trouble. We're moving to a
new and updated server quite soon, but I'd like to know whether there's
anything I can do to make our website stable.

Is there something in our config-file (attached below) that might cause
trouble?

Any suggetions? Please?

audun of humla.info

config.php:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$WikiTitle = "humla";
$PageLogoUrl = "http://humla.info/gfx/humla-logo.gif";

$EnablePathInfo = 1;
$ScriptUrl = "http://humla.info";

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('*******');
## Makes login obligatory for editing pages
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('******');
## Enables uploads and sets password
$EnableUpload = 1;
$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('*****');
# Max upload is 100MB
$UploadMaxSize = 100000000;
$UploadPrefixFmt = '';

##  PmWiki comes with graphical user interface buttons for editing;
##  to enable these buttons, set $EnableGUIButtons to 1.
$EnableGUIButtons = 1;
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/edittoolbar.php");

# These lines remove the icons for author's, including the separator.
unset($GUIButtons['separator5']);
unset($GUIButtons['author']);
unset($GUIButtons['authordate']);

## Allows GUIbuttons in forms
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/guibuttons.php");

## Prevents whitespace from indicating Pre-formatted text.
$EnableWSPre=0;

putenv("TZ=CET");

## Activate this to have user authorization
# include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

##  The feeds.php script enables ?action=rss, ?action=atom, ?action=rdf,
##  and ?action=dc, for generation of syndication feeds in various formats.
if ($action == 'rss') include_once('scripts/feeds.php');   # RSS 2.0
# if ($action == 'atom') include_once('scripts/feeds.php');  # Atom 1.0
# if ($action == 'dc') include_once('scripts/feeds.php');    # Dublin Core
# if ($action == 'rdf') include_once('scripts/feeds.php');   # RSS 1.0

# box to easily add new pages
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/newpageboxplus.php");

# allow youtube etc embedded vidoes trough markup
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/swf-sites2.php");

# skinchange to test different skins
$Skin = 'newskin';
$EnableAutoSkinList = 1;
include_once('cookbook/skinchange.php');

#Forms
# allow all foxactions on all pages for anyone with edit rights
# (Site and SiteAdmin groups remain excluded)
$FoxAuth = 'edit';
$EnablePostDirectives = true;
$EnableFoxUrlInput = true;
$FoxPagePermissions['*.*'] = 'all';
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/fox.php");
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/foxedit.php");

#title and tag fields in the EditForm
#include_once("cookbook/editmore.php");

## hiprevents includes from messing with titles of pages
$QualifyPatterns['/\\(:title\\s(.*?):\\)/i'] = '';

## automatically creates pages for each category
$AutoCreate['/^Category\./'] = array('ctime' => $Now, 'text' =>
$page['text']);