[pmwiki-users] How can I setup a skin for "?action=edit" only?

Steve Glover steve.glover at ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 25 05:38:37 CDT 2010

I thought for a short while that this would solve a problem I'm
currently looking at:

I have an instance of PmWiki on one machine that will be mirrored on
others: naturally, I want to prevent editing on the mirrors, but I still
need to let people log in to access particular content areas.

I didn't want to start messing around with the actual PHP code - it
would only have to be redone every time we upgraded, so the scheme below
of pulling in a different skin for editing had me thinking that I could
have a template that lacked the actual editing facility which would only
appear on the mirror machines (especially if I could get the config.php
line to also test for the existence of pub/noedit).

Unfortunately, whatever I try, I cannot get rid of the wikiedit,
wikiaction and wikitext divs: they simply appear after the </html> tag.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong, or of another way to achieve the
same end?

Many thanks

Steve