[pmwiki-users] Pagelists and the ontrail condition

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Aug 12 00:21:47 CDT 2010

On Thursday 12 August 2010 01:31:39, Randy Brown wrote :
> I see that Petko fixed the pagelist "if" parameter in the test I wrote. He
>  changed it to: if="ontrail TrailPage Target" (or in this case: (:pagelist
>  if="ontrail {=$FullName} TargetPageFullName":)
>
> However the documentation for the ontrail conditional in
>  Cookbook:ConditionalMarkupSamples shows the syntax as (:if ontrail
>  PAGENAME:), which I took to mean the pagelist instruction would be
>  if="ontrail Target".

It is
  (:if ontrail TRAIL:) to test if the current page is on a trail at TRAIL
or
  (:if ontrail TRAIL OtherPage:) to test if OtherPage is on a trail at TRAIL

and should work the same way inside the pagelist if="ontrail TRAIL" parameter.

In case of a doubt, the documentation that could be checked is in the PmWiki
group, in this case http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ConditionalMarkup . I am
not sure who/when created the ontrail section on the Cookbook page - I agree
it wasn't clear enough and I modified it. If it can be further improved,
please do it.

Your markup was working correctly, only not the way you thought it would: it
displayed pages, that were on a trail on Main.WikiSandbox.

Petko