[pmwiki-users] AuthUserSignup install error

Gabriele Azzaro gazzaro at gazzaro.it
Tue Apr 6 14:39:29 CDT 2010

On 06/04/2010 10:58, Peter Bowers wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Gabriele Azzaro<gazzaro at gazzaro.it>  wrote:
>
>> Trying to install AuthUserSignup, which looks really powerful.
>> But I get "ERROR: WikiSh.Read: You do not have "read" authorization for page
>> Login.Signup. See SecLayer configuration" on the login page
>> , where the username
>> field is also impenetrable...
>>
>> I have followed the instructions to the letter twice, even tried to edit
>> attr to @nopass for all Login.Signup, Login.Confirm and Login.Confirmed
>> files. Where can the error be? Thanks for any help. Gabriele
>>
> Can you confirm that your file SiteAdmin.WikiShAuth looks like this
> (be sure that you have used copy/paste rather than re-typing it as a
> small typo can mess things up completely) (what I've got below is
> copy/pasted exactly from the
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUserSignup#wikish page, so you
> don't need to check carefully if you've already copy/pasted from that
> page):
>
> ===(snip)===
> edit=append,prepend,insert,overwrite,create
> all=read,edit
> Temp.*: all
> (:if name Login.Confirm:)
> SiteAdmin.AuthUser:read,append,forceread,forceedit
> SiteAdmin.AuthUserExtra*:read,overwrite,forceread,forceedit
> Login.Confirm:read
> (:if name Login.Signup:)
> SiteAdmin.AuthUser:read,append,overwrite,forceread,forceedit
> SiteAdmin.AuthUserExtra*:read,append,overwrite,forceread,forceedit,create
> Login.Signup:read
> (:ifend:)
> ===(snip)===
>
> Can you confirm that you have this line in your config.php:
>
> ===(snip)===
> slParsePage($pagename, "SiteAdmin.WikiShAuth", $wshAuthPage);
> ===(snip)===
>
> Those are the key points to taking care of the error you are encountering...
>
> If you confirm both of those, could you send me a copy of your
> config.php (after editing out any passwords) so I can look to see if
> there are any problems there?
>
> -Peter

Thanks Peter,

great work! Set it up as a complete beginner fairly quickly with the
great help of the author. Discovered the following (which may be obvious
to more expert users): 1. never create/edit the required wiki.d pages
with an external editor, for this and all the related recipes; do it all
via PmWiki, copying and pasting and adapting passwords and mail
configuration, changing attributes, etc., all from within PmWiki. 2.
Beware: not all skins are functional with this and relative recipes (for
me only the default pmwiki skin works).