[pmwiki-users] Pagelist PTV wildcard usage? Possible? Opinions wanted on tagging system.

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Apr 2 11:42:46 CDT 2010

On 4/2/2010, "Mark Bacas" <mbacas at gmail.com> wrote:
>"The "_" character is particular"
>A different character like # or ! wouldn't be as good or work as well?
>Something special about the _ causing the entries to be added to the
>.pageindex?

Only a "word" character as defined by the programming language. In our
case
letters a-z, digits 0-9 and underscores "_" are considered parts of a
word,
every other character will split the page text into different "words".

>The tags don't have to be listed in a certain order when creating them?

No, and they could be anywhere in the page, not only in a PTV. However it
may appear not intuitive to search word1 "or" word2 :
  (:pagelist _tag1 _tag2:) will find pages with BOTH tags

To list pages containing either _todo or _someday you need 2 pagelists,
and if a page contains both tags, it will appear in both pagelists.

>Is there an easy way to add the _ to my existing tags?

No. Hopefully you and the users of your recipe don't have too many
pages yet. :-)

Petko