[pmwiki-users] Function to strip all markup?

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sat Sep 26 12:45:58 CDT 2009

Is there a built-in function to strip all pmwiki markup from a string,
leaving just the text? I searched around but didn't see anything
built-in. If no built-in is there a recipe that I could look at the
provides this?

Background: BlogIt shows the last 8 (or whatever) user comments in the
sidebar -- only the last 60 or so characters are shown, to keep things
short. However, a user could enter a comment with [++++ Some Huge Text
++++] or %red%colored text%% and so on. What I'd like is a very simple
mechanism to just strip the markup.

  ~ ~ Dave