[pmwiki-users] TextExtract (Search recipe) update

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Sep 24 11:38:16 CDT 2009

I got a question regars to default settings:

The markup=text option has all links deactivated.

I thought that this was sensible and essential for a text ouput mode
with minimal markup renderings. But I find that it could work
nearly just as well with links rendered active, and that other markup
modes may benefit from having links sometimes set as text and not
active. It is possible to have an independant option which sets links
active or as text only. But what should it be called, and what should
its default be, and can it have different defaults for different
markup options?

I can think of names for the option like textlinks= or activelinks=
links= would be nice, but pagelist has  a link= option, an di don't
want to confuse the two.

markup=code and markup=cut and markup=on have active links.
markup=text has text links, markup=source has just source code, no
special links handling or styling.

Any thought on this?

  ~Hans